Did you know that the first tea was enjoyed 4,700 years ago, by an emperor named Shen Nung, in China? In January? Here's how it happened:
He noticed that if you put tea leaves into boiling water it turns into a good drink. Some people think that the tea leaves accidentally blew into his cup, but that probably isn't true because think about it.
More facts about tea:
- Before everyone settled on two percent milk and Splenda a lot of tea was flavored with onion slices, which is true, I wouldn't lie to you about tea garnishes.
- The most famous cup of tea was the one that Judas Iscariot slowly drank while he decided whether or not he liked Jesus.
- The colonial tax on tea was only like one penny which wasn't even a lot of money back then. But you know people from New England, those guys like to get violent about anything.
- Tea stopped having anything interesting said about it in the mid-1930's.
- Halfway through his career Mr. T wanted to change his name to Mr. Tea, but everyone pretended to not understand what he was saying and after a while he just gave up.